Highlighting the Unique Value in Your High Rise Apartment Marketing
In the highly competitive residential real estate sector set your high rise apartment marketing apart by stressing the unique value, benefits, and features of your available units.
High Rise vs. Low Rise Apartments
Before discussing elements of effective marketing strategy for high rise apartments, it is essential to determine what, exactly, a high rise apartment is. As explained by
RENTCafé senior creative writer Nadia Balint, the definition of a high rise varies significantly from country to country and from business sector to business sector.
In the United States, the National Fire Protection Association officially classifies any building over 6 stories as a high rise. For real estate marketing purposes, however, a high rise building should generally include a few more floors. The leading commercial real estate market research and data provider Yardi Matrix, for example, limits apartment community high rises to those that have at least 10 residential floors.
Marketing Tips Specific to the High Rise Apartment Sector
Low rise apartments and high rise apartments each have their own pros and cons. While many of these pro and cons are obvious to any prospective renter, others may not be so immediately evident,
As a marketer of high rise apartments, you are doing yourself a great disservice if you aren’t stressing the specific advantages that your units have to offer.
In many cases, you can even succeed in changing a negative into a positive through the power of an effective marketing campaign. For example, to combat the perceived hassle of living so far above ground level, you can stress the convenience, speed, reliably, and/or overall number of elevators on the premises.
Here are a few other features and elements that you may want to emphasize when marketing high rise apartments:
- Because land development professionals aren’t exactly clambering to construct skyscrapers buildings in rural or small town locations, high rise apartment buildings typically appeal to prospective renters who value a bustling, metropolitan lifestyle.
- It’s the oldest cliché in the real estate business, but, like many clichés, it holds true: location is everything. If a prospective renter values working, shopping, and enjoying the nightlife of the big city, the prospect of living in the heart of these various activities will be welcomed as not only extremely convenient but pleasantly exhilarating.
- Of course, no one is going to fail to stress an amazing panoramic cityscape in their apartment marketing materials. A great view might be the single greatest feature of a high rise apartment unit.
- However, every unit in your high rise complex needn’t offer a full perspective of the New York City skyline in order to draw in prospective renters. Consider the value of promoting an apartment free of overwhelming visual obstructions and full of beautiful natural light.
- A preponderance of high rise apartment complexes employ doormen and/or a security staff to ensure that tenants and their belongings are protected and safe. Many high rise apartment complexes also offer a concierge and/or other service professionals to make daily life a little bit safer and easier.
- In addition to increasing security and convenience, on-site apartment building workers can brighten your day with a friendly “hello” and generally contribute to a warm community environment.
Flexible Leasing Options / Vacancies
- Renters in search of a month-to-month lease or other flexible rental agreements are significantly more likely to find one in a high rise. Plus, due to the sheer number of units that a large high rise building contains, apartment hunters are more likely to find a desirable vacancy in the high rise sector.
- Overall apartment options are also quite wide in the high rise sector. Prospective renters who require a furnished apartment, for example, can commonly find one in a high rise apartment complex.
Easy Utilities / Maintenance
- If you’ve ever had to wait for a cable provider to start or disconnect service, you know just how time consuming and frustrating this can be. Because the vast majority of residential high rise complexes are already wired for services such as cable, phone, and Internet, renters typically don’t have to wait for the entertainment and connectivity that they rely upon.
- High rise apartment buildings also widely support on-site property management offices that provide prompt access to maintenance services. This means that high rise tenants typically won’t have to live with malfunctioning or damaged apartment infrastructure for long.
To Learn More
Bigeye is an innovative high rise apartment marketing firm that leverages every possible advantage in the campaigns under our management. To get in-depth marketing advice for your high rise apartment business, contact a skilled and knowledgeable Bigeye representative today.Back to Articles