How to Put Aside the iPhone and Hire a Video Production Company
Advantages of hiring a video production company over DIY iPhone marketing videos include effectiveness, creative input, and even cost and time savings.
The IPR College of Creative Arts recognized that plenty of videographers produce relatively high-quality films with nothing more than their iPhone camera. Still, they pointed out that just a few issues of using a cellphone to create videos include storage limitations, potential lighting problems, and difficulties with post-production editing.
Most of all, the DIY approach to creating marketing videos can actually cost more in lost time and the chance of not creating the most effective products. Companies that want to represent themselves well should consider working with an experienced video production company.
Important benefits of working with a video production company
Most of all, creating professional and effective videos involves a lot of work and craftsmanship. An investment in a video production company can ensure videos communicate the right message and do a good job representing a brand. It’s important to consider these important benefits of working with a video advertising company on marketing video production:
- Production values: Producing high-quality, engaging videos requires an investment in equipment and editing software. Perhaps most important, it also takes experience and training.
- Creative ideas: Since a video marketing agency has experience working with other companies, they’re likely to contribute new ideas, or at least, objective input. Having other sets of eyes and ears on the project will probably yield more polished results.
- Marketing talent: A video advertising company will help ensure that the video speaks to the market audience in a professional and engaging way. They know how to assess an audience. Just as critical, they know what works and what doesn’t work so well.
- Efficiency: Any marketers trying to produce their own first videos will spend plenty of time trying to get everything right. A good video production company will already have an efficient process in place, and this avoids wasting time or money.
- Dependability: The professional videographers know how to set up shooting locations and hire talent. They’ll take care of everything and make certain the project gets completed by the promised deadline.
How to hire a video advertising company
Of course, all video marketing agencies won’t have the same capabilities. These suggestions can help ensure the chosen company can meet expectations.
Look at their most recent marketing video products
Most video marketing agencies will post some demos to their business website. At the same time, lots of these agencies don’t update these demo videos frequently. They’re likely to also have social media pages, and as active marketers themselves, they should keep these updated. If not, send a quick message to ask for links to recent samples.
Find out if the video marketing agency specializes in certain niches or markets
In particular, look for video production companies that have samples for similar businesses. Some of these agencies specialize in certain niches and may have particular experience with closely related markets. The don’t necessarily need experience with a company exactly like a particular client’s business. At the same time, a video production company that specializes in live music events might not be the best fit for a dog food supplier.
Ask for ideas about video marketing
Asking prospective agencies if they have any ideas about an organization’s video marketing can serve multiple purposes. Obviously, input from professional video agencies can provide valuable information. In the early stages before making a commitment, sharing ideas will mostly serve to help understand how the agency would approach a particular market. Perhaps most important, it should start a conversation that should demonstrate that the company is interested in the client’s business and willing to work as a partner.
Preparing for that first conversation with a video marketing agency
It’s most important to begin with a good understanding the objectives that the project should help satisfy. These should support overall business goals and might include increasing brand awareness, attracting new customers, or even retaining existing ones. Even better, propose some solid metrics to help measure the project’s effectiveness to ensure everybody’s operating under the same assumptions.
Clients shouldn’t need to have planned every detail of their video campaign before meeting with a video production company. In fact, companies hire these agencies to develop, create, and perfect the product.
Why hire a video production company?
Very small businesses might start out by producing their own videos with an iPhone or other simple equipment. Still, the end product from professional video agencies can multiply returns on investment in terms of expertise, savings, and the effectiveness of the final product.