Key Elements of an Appropriate Apartment Complex Rebrand
An apartment complex rebrand is certainly nothing to be taken lightly. If you choose to do it, make sure that you do it right by choosing a rebrand apartment marketing company that adheres to these guidelines.
The Benefits of a Well Timed and Executed Rebrand
No matter how much time and energy you put into the creation of your initial multifamily residential brand, there will inevitably come a time when it no longer delivers the desired results. As times, audiences, and marketplaces continue to evolve and change, brands must generally keep pace or place themselves at risk being left behind.
As reported on the digital publication of Entrepreneur Magazine, successful organizations generally tend to retool their brand and corporate identities once every 7 to 12 years. Although rebranding is a risky venture that requires abandoning all of the brand equity that you have previously accumulated, the value of an effective rebrand simply cannot be underestimated.
Entrepreneur highlights McDonald’s, Apple, Pepsi, Shell, and Twix, as just a few examples of brands that have benefited greatly from one or more comprehensive overhauls. But, of course, your company’s chances of a successful rebrand has everything to do with your reasons for beginning the rebranding process in the first place.
Key Occasions for a Rebrand
In addition to simply falling out of step with the times, companies may want to consider a rebrand during periods of transition or to improve their general position in the marketplace. Here are just a few situations that may require a multifamily residential business to rebrand apartments.
- Capital Improvements – A remodel of your apartment complex may necessitate a similar remodel of your apartment complex brand.
- New Ownership – Anyone who acquires a new apartment property will want to consider rebranding that property in order to bring it in line with your core values and image as well as any other properties that you already own.
- Damage Control – If the online reviews and/or general public reputation of your apartment complex are poor, you may be able to start anew with an effective company rebrand.
Elements to Consider When Rebranding
One you have decided to rebrand, you shouldn’t shy away from dramatic change or opt for lukewarm half measures. Here are just a few tips that can separate a smooth and effective rebrand from one that ends in disaster:
- Tailor Your Rebrand to Your Target Audience – Conduct in-depth research to gain accurate information about local demographics and typical rental behavior in the vicinity of your apartment complex. A rebrand can also provide an ideal opportunity to expand or shift your existing audience base.
- Capitalize on the Distinct Personality of Your Apartment Complex –This tip is particularly useful to drive rebranding efforts for recently renovated properties. Because a company brand should always reflect the unique value prospects that that company presents, your apartment brand should encapsulate the ways in which your complex goes above and beyond in areas such as amenities, staff, special events, and surrounding environment.
- Communicate Your Brand Change – To give your apartment rebrand every chance of achieving success, it is absolutely vital to work in partnership with company stakeholders and ensure that all service partners fully understand both the changes that you have made and the reasons that you have made them. Furthermore, you must adequately promote your new brand, driving your new image home for both existing and future customers.
- Take Rapid and Full Possession of Your New Brand – Embrace your new brand and begin to build a better reputation as soon as possible. Develop a comprehensive and detailed marketing plan that includes both onsite and offsite campaigns. Immediately alter existing advertising efforts to reflect your rebranding efforts. For example, if you have a new name, logo, slogan, and/or jingle, its time to use them. Make sure that all promotional materials, from commercial spots in the digital or conventional media to business cards and company email signatures, reflect the key branding changes that you have made.
To Learn More
For more information about rebranding your apartment complex or effective multifamily residential brand management in general, contact a Bigeye representative today.
As a leading rebrand apartment marketing agency, we have the knowledge and skill that it takes to navigate every phase of the rebranding process with exceptional creativity and a dedication to innovation.