Success Is Written in the Stars and Creative Brand Consulting
Can a business guarantee its own failure before it even opens? Absolutely. Poor planning and strategic misjudgments can end any prospect of success before the doors open. Yet more aesthetic decisions — such as designing a logo — can also play a critical role in long-term success. That’s one reason why creative brand consulting is such a valuable service for many of today’s fledgling enterprises.
Why the right logo makes all the difference
Some new business owners view the creation of a logo as a second-level task. If they can devise a clever one, great, but if not, no big deal.
You’d never find this kind of indifference in the C suite of a Fortune 500 firm, however. The most successful companies understand that their logo is the core of their visual identity and a cornerstone part of the overall brand. Research has shown that logos can impact not only the public perception of a company but also its performance.
A logo is often the consumer’s first impression, for better or worse, and the first thing that comes to mind when a company is named. These perceptions are so powerful that even the mere shape of a logo can elicit powerful feelings about a brand in the eyes of consumers.
If you’re skeptical, just think about the cultural cachet carried by the golden arches, the Nike swoosh, or that famous apple with one bite removed. A logo, when executed properly, is everything great about a brand compressed into one brilliant signifying image.
All of which raises a key question: How do you create a logo that truly stands out?
Creating eye-catching logos
Great logos tend to have shared attributes, and these common features can serve as a road map of sorts for the creation of your own standout logo. Being a creative brand consulting agency, we have narrowed down some of the most important design principles in logo creations include:
- Originality. In order to stand out a logo needs to separate itself from the routine visual imagery we process every day.
- Simplicity. An overly complex logo turns viewers off. The best logos are elegantly simple and instantly recognizable.
- Connection. A logo doesn’t have to directly represent what’s being sold (Nike doesn’t sell swooshes, after all) but it should bear some connection with the company’s brand and story.
- Colors. As we’ve written before, color is critical to marketing. Different colors evoke different emotional responses. Understanding this is key to developing a striking logo that elicits the response for which you’re aiming.
- Flexibility. Today, logos appear in a large number of contexts (social media, TV, print, billboards) and devices (phones, tablets, laptops). A great logo should work well across any context and on any device, regardless of size or background constraints.
How creative brand consulting can help create the perfect logo
Developing a logo that meets all the necessary design elements is no small task for most business owners. A top Florida advertising agency like BIGEYE, however, has the necessary expertise and experience to create visually arresting logos that immediately stand out to consumers.
By applying our insights into design aesthetics and color theory, we can help you craft a logo that instantly conveys your brand story, forging an immediate connection with your desired audience. Connect with us today about refreshing a previously existing brand or developing a new logo!Back to Articles