To check out some more of our creative masterpieces, visit our work page. Happy scrolling!
Discover the Wild Side of Florida!
By Justin Sooter Posted on February 25, 2015
Environmental facts from the Sunshine State:
- Cape Canaveral’s’ geography makes it ideal for rocket launches and space missions.
- Florida’s State flower is the Orange Blossom.
- Florida produces over 70% of oranges in the USA.
- Florida is the world’s leading producer of grapefruit.
- Florida’s state animal is the Florida Panther.
- Panthers are still in the wild, making them an endangered animal, less than 100 are still around
- Panthers can run up to 35 mph
- The average length of a male panther is 7-8 feet
- Florida’s state bird is the Northern Mockingbird.
- Florida is the only place on Earth where Alligators and Crocodiles coexist in the same habitat.
- There are over 7,000 natural lakes and 700 natural springs in Florida.
- Florida has been hit by 37 major hurricanes.
- There are 19,280 known sinkholes.
- 663 miles of beaches.
- 98 species of mammals inhabit Florida.
- U.S. Route 1 runs 545 miles down the east coast of Florida.
- Everglades National Park is the largest sawgrass swamp in the world.