Back to Articles
View more of BIGEYE’s creative infographics.
Understanding Generation Z
By BIGEYE Posted on October 19, 2016
The New Kids on the Block
This is their turf:
- They are the first generation of digital natives.
- Use an average of 5 screens: smartphone, TV, laptop, desktop, and iPad.
Fenced in generation:
- This generation values privacy, preferring social media apps such as Snapchat, Whisper, and Secret over Facebook.
- A quart of 13-17 year olds left Facebook in 2015.
As such, they are technology-dependent:
- 79%display symptoms of emotional distress when kept away from their smartphones.
Get on their good side:
- By 2020, Generation Z will account for 40% of all consumers.
- They already wield a buying power of $44 billion.
- Around 72% of current high-school Gen Z’s want to own a business.
- 60% want their jobs to impact their world.
It’s not all sunshine and rainbows:
- Z-Kids know a thing or two about hardship, from growing up post 9/11, the recession, and many mass shootings.
- 58% of Gen Z’s are either somewhat or very worried about the future.
- 57% prefer saving money to spending it.
They are not easily amused:
- The average Gen Z kid has attention span of 8 seconds.